When a person is interested in a full-sized cycle, then Dahon Jack D7 is a sure buy. This folding bicycle is convenient and fast for quick errands and comes with a warranty card and one year free servicing. Its excellent features help in easy maintenance and prove a perfect choice for comfortable riding.
Performance and Review
Dahon Jack D7 promises to deliver first class performance because of its excellent features. The machinery is manufactured with oversize tires of 26 inches that helps in balanced and smooth riding on any terrain. The bike weighs 12.9 kg and can sit a rider up to 105 kg. It has adjustable seat that can make adjustments for rider height that varies from 157 cm to 167cm. This helps a rider to seat on a perfect position and thus affords comfortable and smooth riding.
Folding dimension of Dahon Jack D7 is 13.3*36.7*30.8 inches and it takes less than ten seconds for bringing it together. It can easily fit inside a car trunk and is easy for transportation purposes also. The bike frame hinge is a bit stiff and thus it is necessary to take the help of a wrench for its adjustments and folding. Bicycle frame of Jack D7 is made from Dalloy aluminium with help of ReBar technology and Joe-Murray design. Integrated fork of this folding bicycle is straight and oversized.
Features of Dahon Jack D7 Folding Bike
- Weight: 28.4 lbs (12.9 kg)
- Folded size: 13.3″ × 36.7″ × 30.8″ (34 × 94 × 79 cm)
- Speeds: 7
- Gear Inches: 72″ – 356″
- Frame sizes: S, M, L
- Frame: DA Series dalloy aluminum, custom drawn Sonus tubing
- Fork: Oversized, straight, integrated design
- Brakes: Promax V, aluminum, linear spring
- Brake levers: Promax V, aluminum
- Handlebar: 6061-T6 aluminum, riser, 31.8 mm
- Front hub: Formula, aluminum, QR
- Rear hub: Formula Cassette, aluminum, sealed
- Tires: Schwalbe Big Apple, 26″ x 2.0″, RaceGuard puncture protection, 75 psi
- Seatpost: Dahon PostPump, 31.6 mm
- Shifter: SRAM 3.0 Comp
- Rear derailleur: SRAM X-4, mid-cage
- Crankset: Dahon Supra forged 6061, 39T
- Chain: KMC Z50
The Handle post is adjustable and made with help of Flat-Pak technology whereas brakes are of aluminium material. Its other important features include anti-puncture lining, integrated seat post and a drive-train. It has seven gears that are nicely and evenly spaced and shifts effortlessly and seamlessly.
- An additional car-rack is not required as it requires less storage space
- It provides a smooth riding because of bigger wheels
- Sturdy and strong
- Easy handling and easier transportation
- It is heavy and bulky
- Extra tools are required for assembling and disassembling of this bike
- Absence of suspension makes riding through potholes a bit precarious